Do you like crunchy or chewy cookies? For myself, something like macadamia and white chocolate, definitely has to be chewy. Chocolate chip though I won’t even consider eating unless they are crunchy. Hubby likes all cookies to have crunch and the child … well, she just likes any cookies!
So, having said that, I’ve been promising hubby for the past week or so, that I would make some crunchy cookies, just for him. As you can see from the above photo, they definitely came out of the oven looking yummy, and both Hubby and daughter have now declared the following recipe their favorite, for crunchy chocolate chip cookies.
Recipe for Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes approx 24)
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup of dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3 Tbspn water
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tspn baking powder
- 3/4 Cup semi-sweet choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 300F
- Lightly grease your cookie sheet (I use a silicon sheet so I omit the step of greasing it)
- In a bowl, blend the melted butter and sugars until well combined.
- As you continue to blend, slowly add the water and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder and continue to mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto your cookie sheet, approx 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Flatten each dollop of dough a little bit with the back of a spoon to assist the cookies spreading as they cook.
- Bake for approx 20-25mins until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to rest on the tray and cool slightly before removing to a cooling rack.
**These will harden up and go crunchy as they cool