If I had my way, I’d have at least one day every two weeks set aside to spend at a local day spa. In a perfect world! Unfortunately our household budget simply doesn’t allow for it, so I often make my own pamper products. Now that my daughter is FINALLY showing some glimmer of interest in ‘girlie’ stuff, making pamper products with her is not only an enjoyable activity in itself, but it’s also fun to have some mum and daughter time together having our own spa days to spoil ourselves with our own homemade treats.
Recipe for Oceanic Citrus Body Scrub
- 2 Tbsp kelp powder
- 4 Tbsp oatmeal
- 3 Tbsp grated orange rind
- 1.5 Tbsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp ground sunflower seeds
- 3 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Sweet almond oil (or another oil of choice) as required
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the grapefruit essential oil, stirring it through the mixture.
- Place in an airtight bottle or container until ready for use.
- Immediately prior to use, mix a small amount with some sweet almond oil to a consistency of your own preference.
- Gentle massage the scrub onto damp skin for a few minutes, then rinse.
*This is suitable as a body scrub only, not suitable for the face.
*Please read all warning labels before using essential oils. Some oils are not suitable for use during pregnancy or if suffering from certain medical conditions or allergies. If unsure, please check with your health provider before use.