My daughter absolutely loves this slice. I usually make one a week and my daughter likes to have it each morning for breakfast.
Recipe for Oatmeal Slice
- 2C all purpose flour
- 2t baking powder
- 2C oatmeal
- 1C desicated coconut
- 1 1/3C dark brown sugar
- 1C raisins
- 1C chopped dried apricots
- 1/2C roughly chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 Cup) of melted butter
- 1/2C unsweetened apple sauce/puree
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- Preheat oven to 360F.
- Grease and line a 9″x13″ pan.
- Put all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and give a quick stir to mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the melted butter, the eggs and the apple puree.
- Mix with a spoon until all dry and wet ingredients are well combined.
- Bake for approx 30-40 minutes (or until firm and lightly browned).
- Remove from oven and leave in pan approx 10mins then transfer to a rack to cool.
This slice will keep for up to a couple of weeks in the fridge in an airtight container (if it doesn’t get eaten beforehand) and it also freezes really well.