This recipe for freezer pickles is so quick and easy to prepare and my hubby absolutely loves them! I’d be lost without our large freezer, we do a lot of our shopping in bulk to save on both money and our personal time.
Recipe for Frosty Freezer Pickles
- 6 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 lg red onion, sliced thin
- 2 T salt
- 1 C white vinegar
- 3/4 C sugar
- Freezer containers
- Place the onions, cucumber and salt into a large bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, rinse the onion and cucumber in cold water.
- Pop it all into a colander and allow it to drain really well.
- Divide the mixture of onion and cucumbers up into the freezer containers.
- Mix the sugar and vinegar together until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour this liquid mixture into the freezer containers to cover the onions and cucumber.
- Freeze for at least 3 weeks prior to eating.
- Simply defrost in the fridge overnight for ready pickles the next day.