Hubby and I absolutely love eggplant. It’s one of our favorite snacks; we serve it with flat bread. I was originally given this recipe by my lovely neighbor who was from Lebanon, when I was living in Sydney, Australia.
Recipe for Eggplant Dip (Baba Ganouj)
- 2 med Eggplants
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 ts Allspice
- 1/2 ts Cinnamon
- 1/2 ts Black pepper Salt to taste
- Wash eggplant & pierce with a fork.
- Grill it for approx 20min
- Peel it and sprinkle with about half of the lemon juice
- Allow it to cool
- When cooled, chop it very finely
- Add the remaining ingredients to a small bowl and combine
- Mix in the chopped eggplant and refrigerate
Once the mixture is at this stage, you can freeze it.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with flat bread